Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The 'real' beginning is near

Haven't posted for a month, because I've been in a sort of limbo -- the plans and kit have been slow to arrive, so I've mostly been spending an embarrassing amount of money on tools and other preparations.

But yesterday, the plans finally arrived, and after supper I spent a wonderful couple of hours poring over them and "visualizing" (dreaming). The Core Sound plans from B&B are wonderful; a number of 8.5x11 sheets with legalese, supplier lists, bill of materials, miscellaneous instructions. Then the drawing sheets! These are 11x16 richly detailed drawings dense with explanatory text, some (much) of it opaque on first reading...to me, at least.

Here's a tiny example, a detail of the centerboard pivot assembly that occupies a corner of one of the drawing sheets:

So: much more poring over drawings, dreaming and planning to do. And: my kit is supposedly arriving tomorrow! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment