Friday, October 9, 2009

Money, money, money

I'm sure anyone who's traveled this road already knows this well, but...the money goes fast, it does.

I am keeping track and will share the cumulative expenditures as I go along (see sidebar for a link to an expenses-listing page.)

Right now, the expenditures in total are:
  • Materiel (i.e. The Kit, some glass tape...and a couple of epoxy "trial kits"): $1,994.15
  • Tools (jigsaw and router are the big-ticket items so far): $392.50
I've been researching the prices of things, and anticipate the following additional big-ticket items:
  • Masts (aluminum tubing and sail track): ~$500
  • Sails (from B&B -- don't have price yet, just guessing): $800
  • Epoxy (this is expensive stuff): $500
Plus there will be more tools (shop vacuum, a new orbital sander, clamps, vise, etc.); figure another $300.

Then: a trailer and trailer hitch for the Subaru Outback: $1000-$1500 (I hope).

And this doesn't even touch the myriad other things, like lumber not in the kit (framing, oars), rigging and hardware, paint etc. etc. ad nauseum.

But it's only money...I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment